Clint Bolster is a prominent Character Actor, Theatrical Clown, Commedia Dell’Arte & Mask Theatre Specialist, Stilt Performer & Trainer and Teaching Artist in Queensland. His noted skills have been developed over the past 15 years through extensive training and performance experience locally, nationally and internationally in Australia, United Kingdom, Europe, Singapore and Japan.
- DENNIS as part of The Short & Sweet Festival Queensland – Theatre Strand 1 Audience Choice Award Winner – “Clint Bolster’s detailed and beguiling performance is sublimely breathtaking” ***** – Ian Billings, Comedian & Author, UK
- 2 Week Artist In- Residence with Shakespeare4All Hong Kong.
- 3 Month International Exchange and Professional Development & Creative Residency with Vamos Theatre Company – The UK’s leading Mask Theatre Company. Clint Bolster received financial assistance from the Queensland Government through the Arts Queensland Individual Professional Development Grant Initiative.
- The role of Ringmaster Z for Creative Generation State Schools Arena Spectacular, Department Of Education and Training at The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Clown MC in Disruptive Camouflage for Wonderland Festival at The Brisbane Powerhouse.
- Lead role of Ringmaster Z in the circus spectacular ZIRCUS at Jupiter’s Theatre, Hotel & Casino — “…a friendly version of Jack Nicholson as the Joker leading the way, we laugh, we gasp, clap and gape!” – Last Minute Live
- Sell out seasons of Debase Productions, Hurry Up And Wait at The Awesome Festival – International Theatre Festival for Young People in Perth, Toowoomba USQ Theatre, Redlands Performing Arts Centre, Sydney –Dame Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, The Queensland Library, Brisbane Festival at The Spiegeltent, after returning from a statewide in-schools tour with Queensland Theatre Company on the back of seasons at Kijimoona International Theatre Festival For Young People in Japan, 3 Month Tour to venues in Fukuoka Japan with Kazenoko Theatre Company (Thanks to the help of Arts Queensland Funding) and Edinburgh Fringe Festival where the show received 5 star critical acclaim —-“If you don’t have children, find some and take them or simply take yourself – you’ll love it!”” – Broadway Baby, Edinburgh, “… the audience, children and parents alike, are in constant fits of laughter. At the end of the show I heard one child ask, ‘Can we watch it again?’” ★★★★★ – Informed Edinburgh, “A truly happy, fun and intelligent show.” ★★★★★ Broadway Baby, Edinburgh
- The Three Little Endangered Animals for Artslink Queensland
Suckers by Harvest Rain Theatre Company
The Little Green Road to Fairy Land for Queensland Music Festival —-“…hilarious and brilliantly performed…judging from the abundance of smiles, laughter, and enthusiastic applause, both children and adults alike were mesmerised, entertained and enchanted for the entire performance!’, Nelson Lau, Critical Mass
- Heaven, Hell & Tango – 2 Ballerinas directed by Rosetta Cook (first stage funded by Arts Queensland)
- Much Ado about Nothing and The Wind in the Willows for 4MBS Classic FM
The Search For The 5th Element and Booff In Concert for Universal Studios Japan Osaka (1 year)
Aerial Angels Stilts for Aerial Angels Productions and Jupiter’s Casino (1 year)
The Treasure Hunt Clowns with Collusion Ensemble
Freak Street for Woodford Folk Festival
MANOEUVRE STILT PERFORMERS
In addition to Homuculus, Clint owns and manages Manoeuvre Stilt Performers. Manoeuvre is Queensland’s premier roving stilt performance company – originals of Expo 88 – which has been providing roving stilt acts to festivals, night clubs and corporate events throughout Australia and overseas for 15years to over 4.5million audiences. Much more than simply “walkers”, these Stilt Performers, whilst strutting, looping and dancing through the crowd, stimulate the imagination, inspire joy and offer an engaging, playful and interactive experience for audiences of various sizes. For 10 years they have entertained the masses at Woodford Folk Festival, Nundah Festival, The Brisbane Ekka, Childers Multicultural Festival, Opened Stores for Loui Vuitton Stores in Singapore and Year Long Residencies at The Family Night Club Brisbane..to name a few. In 2012 Manoeuvre received financial assistance from the Queensland Government through the Arts Queensland Individual Professional Development Grant Initiative: from this Manoeuvre is now represented by agents in the United Kingdom, Asia & America.
He is also currently in creative development with The Southern Cross Soloists for a show entitled The Secret Lives Of Composers as the Lead Clown MC and plays the Bells & Theremin. He is also a key performer in The Bubble Effect: Disco Show – for More Than Mime Theatre. A giant projected bubble encapsulating a performer who blends circus aerials and dance in a one-hour event.
His mentors include Annie Lee from The Kransky Sisters fame and Derek Scott from Slavas Snow Show, Margi Brown Ash form Force OF Circumstance and Tony Kishawi from Commedia Unmasked.
He is also an experienced and sought after Teacher- Artist, leading many residencies and workshops for Queensland Theatre Company, LaBoite Theatre Company, Australian Catholic University, University of Southern Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, Griffith University, The Queensland Conservatorium Of Music, The University of Tasmania, The Aboriginal Centre for Performing Arts, Drama Queensland, Drama Tasmania, Drama Australia, Drama New Zealand, Queensland Music Festival, Backbone Youth Arts and Nexus Arts Victoria.
Clint is a proud Queensland Board Member and Mentor for The Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance, and Board Member for Indel-Ability Arts.